Monday, December 29, 2008

Winding Down Another Year


Christmas has come and gone, we've braved a couple of ice storms already, and it's "full steam ahead" into 2009!

As we move ahead into the new year, I have contemplated making some resolutions. I asked Greg if he was making any, and he gave me a very firm, "No!" I told him I wasn't sure if I would make any resolutions/goals this year or not. Yes, I would like to get in better shape and keep us eating better and more healthy. Yes, I would like to finish some of the countless projects I have started - and start a few more! Yes, I would love to buy all the right antiques/collectibles and sell each one for a tidy profit!


But realistically, the future is completely uncertain - meaning, we don't know what adventures lie ahead... but we are ready for them! I'm not making any hard, fast plans, because I want to take life as it comes and try not to anticipate what is around the bend. I do know we will welcome TWO new babies to the family this summer - Jasmine's baby Timothy (we think!) in May, and Natalie, Darrell and Olivia's baby in early July. So that will be exciting.

I do hope we will eat better and exercise more. I do hope a few pounds will fall off... and a few projects will be completed. We are already anticipating some upcoming auctions and hoping to find great avenues for selling our treasures.

But mostly, we are hoping to enjoy each day to the fullest. We are hoping to spend time with family and friends, do what we do (and more) to serve God and our church, and enjoy this wonderful area in which we live. Will there be bumps in the road? More than likely. Will we be up to the challenges that come? Hopefully - and prayerfully! Are we looking forward to what the new year will bring? Absolutely! We hope you are doing the same. May God bless you and yours richly in 2009.