Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sticks and Stones...
















The roof is on, the rock is going up, and the brick is on its way!!! Eaves and soffits are being trimmed, the electrician and plumber are on the scene, and things continue to FLY! We are very pleased with everything.

On the home front, the doctor says my ankle is healing well, and I need a full 6 weeks in "the boot" (which means this Sunday, at least). I start physical therapy next week on Tuesday, and Greg thinks I should wear the boot until my first session and see what the therapists say. I can start putting a little weight on the foot. The doctor says that I have a 6 to 8-week window now for regaining range of motion in the ankle... after that, it's gone for good! Now THAT's a motivator!!! He says you can build strength any time, but there is limited time to regain the range of motion for the muscles and ligaments. So, I will have to work hard these next few weeks.

The other component is going to be pain. The doc says if there isn't pain in the therapy, the therapy isn't working. So he has started me on a regimen of Aleve to help with inflammation and pain. Greg pointed out to me that I am pretty tough (!), so maybe the pain won't be as bad as the doc says. At any rate, I will work through it... he says that this is why you have to have a therapist... your natural instinct is to quit when it hurts, and the therapists won't let you do that. I will do exercises every 12 hours, which means that Greg will be my therapist at home... he's flexing his fingers and getting ready!