Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

I hope it wasn't too cold in your neck of the woods today. I would be surprised if it got out of the 40's here... it was COLD! But it was sunny and beautiful, and we had a good day... church, brunch with Greg's mom, a visit from Cindy and Charley and their children, Caitlyn and Chase, and trips to the new house to look things over. Caitlyn played a concert for us from her piano lesson book, and that was WONDERFUL! She is a first-grader, reads on a high 2nd-grade level, and is doing a great job learning to play. We even played a duet! She has promised to bring her book back this summer so that we can have an extended "jam session."

The house is going so well. Greg has worked hard to keep the yard cleaned and make plans for the exterior, and I have nearly worn a hole in this couch!*LOL* You can see that we did figure out how to get me up into the house, and I have enjoyed being able to tour the first floor and sit on the outside covered porch, which should be truly covered tomorrow! As you can see, the trees have really filled in, and we will have to decide this summer which ones we can spare to open the view for spring/summer and fall!

The big wide photo inside shows what will be our living room/kitchen. The other vertical photos are of our little sunroom, and I am thinking it may be one of the favorite rooms of the house... surely for our cats! There is a wonderful old cedar tree just outside the big windows, and the birds really flock to it. You can also see the next-door creek from these windows, as well as all sorts of ferns and foliage.

As you can see, crutches are still my constant friend... 4 weeks today and counting! Each day gets better, and I am so blessed to have wonderful help. I don't know what I will do if Greg grows tired of waiting on me! He has been incredible... a real trooper!