Friday, March 16, 2007

The Latest in Footwear

So, here's my new "boot!" Actually, it's a fiberglass cast, and it will probably be my friend for several weeks. The orthopedist was really nice, and he explained that in addition to the ankle break, I have 2-3 torn ligaments and a bad sprain, and that most likely, one of the ligaments chipped the end off of my fibula (ankle bone) when it tore. He says I will have to keep the ankle immobilized and elevated with no weight on it as much as I can for the next 2 weeks, at least, and after that, it will be several more weeks before I can really put weight on it. Bottom line... I'm looking at about 12 weeks to "full recovery!" So, I am trying to behave, and Greg is doing a great job of seeing that I'm fed and cared for! I have had lots of offers from others for various help, and I appreciate it all. AND...my friend Bill Allbright is keeping me brightened with these little tidbits:

Sorry about your bone near your foot
That's the type of injury up with which
you can not put!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerplunk! Ouch!

Hope your ankle's doing better
Elaine could'a' climbed down
I think you
Should have let 'er

But no, you yanked her off the heights
You caught her with your self
Would'uv been a better thing
To leave her on the shelf

You've got a topic for your blog
The fracture will not last
But go ahead and write it up
Until you loose the cast

By then the house upon the bluff
will more completer be
And you can visit once again
No cast from foot to knee

Greg continues to do a great job of keeping me updated on progress at the house. Today they are pouring the concrete for the garage and front porch... he says spring has sprung at the bluff, and soon there will be much less view!