Saturday, July 29, 2006

Lazy Days of Summer

Been awhile since my last post, so I thought I'd better let folks know we are still alive. It's been too hot this month to do much of anything. We did brave an auction or 2 -- still collecting treasures... selling a few, but not as many as we'd like. May have to have a "sale" this fall and liquidate, so we can start again. Greg has contemplated getting another shed for the yard to house things in a clean/dry storage environment... he said the other day, "I guess I better get that shed!"

We went to the peach orchard last week and got peaches, then I spent the rest of the day peeling and freezing! We got Loring and Red Globe -- both delicious! The orchard is apparently irrigated, although this year's crop was a bit small. We finally got rain the last 2 days... a nice, gentle, soaking rain that will help a lot. However, we were so deficient that we need several of these over the next few weeks to really recover.


Here's a picture of one of my latest "treasures" -- bought at the estate sale of Mrs. Elizabeth Massey. Her daughters were friends of my mother, and she and her husband operated our PigglyWiggly! She is a lovely lady, now 91 and in an assisted living facility. This piece is probably a dish to hold bath powder and a powder puff. It's about 5.5" in diameter, hinged, and cut glass. It has a small hole in the top lid, which is domed, but it's still very pretty and sparkles like new.

If you like old things, I list at OldAndSold.com under the username Songwriter57. I will also post things at Aunt Deb's Attic... see the link this page.

July is almost over... have a great last weekend!