Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

Welcome to my blog! I hope you will find my posts interesting, and that you will visit often! My husband, Greg, and I recently sold Workamper News, a business we developed over the last 18 years. Workamper News helps thousands of "great people find great jobs in great places" -- most of whom live at least part of the year in an RV. We publish a bi-monthly magazine, as well as our website (see the link on this blog to Workamper.com). It's been great fun and a lot of work, but it was time for a change, so here we go!!!! We are still helping with the transition to new ownership, and beyond that, we don't really know what the future holds. I'm sure you will learn more about it here!

My future will certainly include more time with family and my church (First United Methodist), where I am a member of the Praise and Worship Team. I am on sabbatical as the Sr. High Sunday School teacher, but I feel sure that this will probably be short-lived, as I miss "my kids" terribly! I also write contemporary Christian music (and a couple of secular songs so far).

I am forever a writer at heart, so I have completed two books -- and published one of them... What to Say and Do When You Don't Know What to Say and Do. The other is a daily devotional book for teenagers that I hope to have published soon... maybe this year! I have ideas for other books... now all I need is TIME!!!

Why Firecracker Baby? I came into this world with a bang on July 4, and some say I've been a "firecracker" ever since. I love Heber Springs... the town and it's people, and I can't imagine living anywhere else. My husband says to be careful who you talk about in front of me... I'm related to most of the folks in this county! That used to be true, but as time has flown and the area has grown, things have changed a bit. I hope you will visit this blog often... maybe I'll introduce you to a few of the characters who give this area so much flavor! Thanks for stopping by, and may God bless you.