Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Never a Dull Moment...

I know, I know... it's been nearly three months since my last post.  To sum up what has been happening, let me just say... Mam-ma Polly, Timothy, and the holidays! 

Timothy spent several months visiting with us and my sister and her husband. He returned to live with his mother and baby sister, Zola, in Texas on December 3rd, and we miss them all dearly.

Mam-ma spent six days in the hospital in early December, then fell on Christmas Eve as she got out of the car at our house and suffered a head injury. Thankfully it was not too serious, although she did spend two nights in the hospital.  To read more about all of this, visit my blog at The Deli.


We are looking forward to a quiet start to the new year.  We've enjoyed watching songbirds in our back yard and an occasional sighting of a bald eagle that appears to be wintering in our neighborhood.  We saw him soaring over the river on Christmas Eve... he is majestic!  We've also enjoyed seeing the Trumpeter Swans and hope to visit Magness Lake again soon to see if even more have arrived for the winter.

In case I don't get back to this blog in the next few days, Greg and I wish you all a very happy, healthy New Year.  We hope that 2012 is filled with joy and blessings and an abundance of prosperity. 

Remember to eat your black-eyed peas and greens!

Happy New Year!