Monday, March 21, 2011

When the Moon Hits Your Eye...

Okay, I'll admit... I'm obsessed with the moon!  I've tried for several years now to get good shots of it in all its glory.  We have a perfect observation point from our back porch, and some of the moonrises we've seen here in the last nearly four years have been nothing short of spectacular.

Additionally, after months of reading to Timothy from his storybooks about the moon and the night, he finally discovered that big ball in the sky for himself last week, and I told him, "That's the moon!"  When his mother arrived to collect him, he pointed to the big yellow ball and said, "MOON!"  Made my day!

So when the "BIG MOON" hype started last weekend, and the moon rose over our valley, I was determined to get some pictures.  Here's a sampling of what I've gotten in the last two nights. (Click any photo to see larger size.)