Sunday, October 17, 2010

Long Time, No See...

I did not realize it had been SO long since I last posted to this blog.  A lot has happened since the middle of August.  Greg's mother had serious back trouble in early September that kept her in bed for about 2 weeks - and kept us busy.  Then I caught some sort of respiratory "bug" and literally lost my voice for 8 full days.  Sprinkled in were auctions, errands, visits from Timothy, a family dinner, and "life."

There have been a couple of interesting "photo ops" along the way.  We have a resident black squirrel - a novelty in our neck of the woods that is more commonly seen in the northern climates of Canada and upper New England.  He is a mutation of a grey squirrel, and we've seen him twice now - both times in the company of smaller grey companions.  (Greg took the squirrel photos - as always, click for larger view.)






Fall weather waxes and wanes on our bluff, and one crisp afternoon I coaxed Timothy to take a nap while bundled snugly in a throw on our back porch glider.  He slept like an angel, and I couldn't resist getting a picture!


Last week, we had a brief tickle (or was it a trickle?!) of respite from our better-than-month-long drought, as the tiniest of rain showers grazed our yard.  However, it brought more substantial rain, lightning, thunder, and this amazing rainbow to points just north and east of us.  I followed the track of the storm as it created a full arc of rainbow from just over Greers Ferry Dam to the Little Red River Valley and beyond in the direction of Wilburn, Arkansas.  It was an amazing sight, and I was glad my camera was handy!