Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Backyard Beauties

Monday was a beautiful day, and after dinner I took advantage of the last rays of sunlight and what might be our only dry day until Friday. I grabbed my camera and headed under the bluff to photograph the dogwood trees and some amazing little wildflowers. We pass by these beauties every spring and hardly give them a look, but if you observe closely, they are amazingly intricate and spectacular.
















Equally stunning are what I call "baby leaves" - the leaves that have just begun to form on some of the trees in our yard. These look a little like sea creatures as they unfurl.




There was quite a breeze Monday evening, so some of the photos may appear a bit blurry as the trees and flowers waved gently back and forth, but I still felt they were worthy of a post! Enjoy!