Monday, October 08, 2007

Catching Up!

I know, I know... it's been awhile since the last update! We've been busy, to say the least. We're still working on the house and unpacking, and our #1 goal lately was getting all of the boxes open and sorted and all of the "junk" out for a yard sale. We had the big sale last weekend at Greg's mother's house, and we took the last of the leftovers to the thrift shop today... YEA!!! We sold quite a bit, so there wasn't all that much left for charity. But hopefully we will keep things a little more "junk-free" from now on... yeah, right!

















One day last week, I looked up and white ribbons of water were spilling over the side of the dam. We think they were doing routine maintenance, as the next day Greg saw men going over the side in a "cherry-picker" truck bucket. But it was exciting to see that water spilling from the gates of the dam! Each gate was opened and then closed... at one point 2 were open at once, and that was a LOT of water!!!













Saturday was my cousin Olivia's 4th birthday. I made her Halloween overalls and shoes. I talked to her tonight and she likes them. I can't wait to see her in them! She also got a "jumpoline" - aka trampoline. She loves that, too. But her big news today was that they got a new swing set at school, and she said, "I just swinged and swinged!" Makes you wish you were four, doesn't it?!













We got a leather sectional for our living room, and Mabel absolutely LOVES it! She claimed it almost immediately, and you will find her there or on the new ottoman much of each day!













Saturday, we got a yard! You can see the "before and after" shots here... and it HAS made a huge difference in the look of the house. We should have everything done inside soon, and I will take more interior shots. We will be getting the trees cleared in the back yard this week (hopefully) and I will take shots of "the view" to share, too!