Saturday, August 04, 2007

Haven't Posted Lately...

... and I apologize. It seems like all the work that has taken place has been "undercover," so to speak, as painters move from room to room spraying - and covering things in plastic for protection. I should have new pics this week, as the tile is probably 2/3 done in the bathrooms, and the kitchen cabinets and counters are close... should have backsplash tile and rock there soon.

The painters have just about finished the trim and will start painting walls this week, I think... hardwood flooring should come the following week. We've been busy with all sorts of things, including selling our furniture. We are pretty much down to 2 wingback chairs and office chairs for sitting, and both dining tables are gone. I will probably drag out the old card table and chairs, just to have a place to sit and eat some cereal. My office furniture sold and will be picked up on Sunday, so I'm using a kitchen counter as "command central" for my laptop! My mom said, "whatever you do, please don't sell your beds!" Don't worry, Mom... that's where we draw the line!

To say the cats are confused would be putting it mildly. All of their favorite places to sleep (i.e. the couches) are GONE!!! It's pretty pathetic. But they will like their new place -- and new furniture. Something new to "fur up!"

We've penciled in our moving company for August 30th and hope to move on or around that date... maybe a few days earlier or later. It all depends on how fast these folks get finished!