Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother/Daughter Banquet - May 12, 2006

The First United Methodist Women held their annual Mother/Daughter Banquet last Friday, May 12, and my "women-folk" attended and enjoyed the festivities. Seated at my table were my grandmother, Polly Chandler; my mother, Arline Smith; Greg's mother, Elaine Robus; Kathy Jo Anderson and her daughter, Jody; my niece Jasmine and her mother, Suzanne Linn. Also attending (although seated at another table) were my cousins, Janette Fall, Natalie and Olivia Norton, and their aunt, Louise Hall. Mam-ma Polly received a special ribbon for having 4 generations present!

We enjoyed a good meal served by the Methodist Men, and entertainment provided by several members of our church, including the Gardner brothers, Will and Jack, some teenage dancers, and of course, Sonny and Cher, aka Bro. John and Susan. If, after seeing these photos, First Church Jonesboro doesn't want them after all, we will gladly keep them! Aptly enough, they sang "I've Got You, Babe!"